With twenty years working with teams and individuals plus various counselling, communication, coaching and change qualifications; let’s work together on what is in focus for you.
- Humanistic approach
- LGBTQI+ advocate
- Diploma Applied Social Science (Counselling) – Torrens University
- PROSCI Practitioner
- Coaching Habit (Box of Crayons)
I been working and volunteering in community services for around 13 years now. Working with youth, young adults and adults in mentoring, psychosocial support, palliative care and counselling fields.
My focus is on relationships of all types. How people relate, interact, impact or support one another. It involves understanding the needs and wants of those in the relationships and working with people to share them and understand them in themselves and each other.
Depending on the relationship or situation the challenges may exist only for one person. And that challenge may be how we feel in the relationship, or around a frustration. I’ve worked with men in situations where their partner has had enough. With parents of teenagers they worry about. With teenagers that have parents they feel are smothering. With adult family members addressing childhood dynamics and trauma.
Over my 25 year career I have built strong interpersonal and people skills, plus deep knowledge working across teams and countries. These skills have complimented my formal education and training in Mental Health and Counselling which I now focus on.
- Families and Youth
- Attachment / Co-dependency
- Self Esteem / Purpose / Identity
- Alcohol and Drug Use
- Anger Management
- Career Guidance
- Coping Skills
- Family Conflict
- Grief and Loss (Youth and Adult)
- Interpersonal Communication
- Life Coaching
- Marital and Premarital
- Motivation / Direction
- Relationship Issues
- Self worth / sense of self
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Rational Emotive Behaviour (REBT)
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT)